Your domain name has a DNS zone which consists of the following records:
- NS – specifies which are the DNS servers for your domain;
- A – specifies IP addresses corresponding to your domain and its subdomains;
- MX – specifies where the emails for your domain should be delivered;
- CNAME – specifies redirects from your domain’s subdomains to other domains / subdomains;
- SPF – Sender Policy Framework (SPF) is an attempt to control forged e-mail.
SiteGround’s servers are fully compatible with all ICANN requirements and set the DNS records in accordance.
If you have any DNS questions/problems, ask your host for assistance. SiteGround has long experience in dealing with various DNS issues. If you sign up for a hosting account with us, you will have no DNS problems whatsoever.