Joomla 1.0.x is configured to work based on the domain name it is accessed through. That is why if you change the primary domain name of the web hosting account where your Joomla is located you will have to make some reconfigurations in the Joomla itself in order to make it work with the new domain. To make the needed reconfiguration please follow the instructions below:
1. Go to your cPanel;
2. Click on the File Manager icon;
3. Navigate to the public_html directory;
4. Click on the configuration.php file and choose Edit from the top menu;
7. Locate the following line in the file:
$mosConfig_live_site = ‘http://www.domain.com’;
8. Change the domain name in this line to the new one;
9. Save the edited configuration.php file.
Now your Joomla is configured to work with your new domain.
If you have problems with the above, ask your host for assistance. SiteGround provides the best Joomla hosting and such requests are handled with ease.