Yes, you can add a manually installed application to Softaculous. The two main benefits are:
- You will be able to upgrade the software from the Softaculous interface, directly through your web browser.
- You will be able to create/restore backups of the application from Softaculous, again via your browser.
To import your existing installation please follow the steps below:
1. Access your cPanel and follow the link to Softaculous from the "Software/Services" tab;
2. Find the application which you want to import from the left menu. You can also use the "Search" functionality;
3. On the software page you will see several tabs. Click the "Import" tab which will open a new page "Import Software";
4. On the new page you will see two sections - "Choose Domain" and "In Directory". If your application is installed in the public_html folder and is accessible via your main domain name leave the fields empty and click "Import". If the application is in a sub-folder type the name of the sub-folder in the "In Directory" field and click "Import";
Check out our Softaculous hosting package which will allow you to use all the great features that the Softaculous application provides to you.