Can you install a third party SSL?
You can install a third party SSL certificates through your SiteGround account's cPanel.
Make sure that you have the SSL certificate, CA bundle and the Private key, so you can complete the installation. In case you are missing some of the certificate components, please reach your SSL provider.
Below you will find a step-by-step guide that will help you to complete the installation:
- Go to Security tab located in your cPanel and click on SSL/TLS Manager
- Then go to section Install and Manage SSL for your site (HTTPS)
- Copy/Paste the certificate into CRT field. The code can be found in the file ".crt"
- Once the CRT is pasted click on Autofill by Certificate and the system will detect the domain name and the private key
- Then copy/paste the CA Bundle. If you would like the SSL for email service click on the checkbox Enable SNI for Mail Services. That way, you will be able to use you domain as a hostname when configuring your mail clients
- Click on the Install Certificate and the SSL will be installed
In case you wish us to install such certificate, you will have to submit an order from your User Area -> Add Services -> External SSL Installation.
You find this article useful? Click here to learn more about SiteGround web hosting experts and what else we can do for you!